A message from Perth & Kinross Council regarding travel passes for school buses:
Earlier this year the Public Transport Unit had a ‘soft launch’ of School Transport – Order a Replacement Travel Pass on the Council’s Digital MyPKC Portal found here> https://my.pkc.gov.uk/en
We would now encourage every school to direct parents to use this service for replacement ‘Home to School’ transport travel passes.
The advantages are:
- It cuts out the need for schools to handle money for replacement travel passes
- Avoids the need to use Internal Mail therefore substantially reduces the time a pupil has to wait to get a replacement travel pass
- Allows parents to access the portal 24 hours a day
- Allows the parent to immediately print out a Temporary Travel Pass to allow their child to continue to travel on the bus until their replacement travel pass arrives at the school office
- Encourages parents to sign up to use the MyPKC Portal for other Council services such as applying for free school transport and those others listed in the screen shot below
- Reduces paper use, helps the environment and reduces Council stationary costs
Thank you for your co-operation.
If you have any queries please contact the PTU on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also follow us on Twitter at @pkcbuses for all things local bus and school bus related.